Here are a few potentially startling factoids from the 2011 channel forecast:
- Traditional grocery retailer dollar share will fall from 49.8% to 43.5%
- Supercenter dollar share will grow from 14.5% to 20.3%
- Convenience stores with gas sales and dollar share will increase. Focus will be on high-quality fresh food to go offerings and taking sales from foodservice
Channels are blurring, creating market and product grown opportunities when packaging can create differentiation.
Are your products poised to take advantage of growth projections and new markets?Explosive growth in new channels, category concepts, specialty formats and premium store brands are supported by packaging designed to reach preferred shoppers.
The increasing popularity of Private Label continues at the expense of national brands.
New consumer attitudes about convenience, health, well being, and quality of life are driving major changes to retail businesses.
Retail packaging knowledge and expertise is needed across the value chain.
PTIS is here to help.
- Benchmarking & Best Practices
- Component & System Designs
- Consumer Interaction Testing
- Contract Packaging Support
- Cost Reduction & Productivity Strategies
- Development of Specifications
- Domestic & International Regulatory Guidance
- Education & Training for Packaging & Product Principles
- Equipment Requirements Definition / Specification / Procurement / Acceptance
- Passive and Active Microwave Package / Product Design & Development [susceptors, shielding, field modifiers]
- Patent & Intellectual Property Protection
- Materials Science Expertise e.g. latex sensitivity, sterilization, extractables
- Maximizing Shelf Impact
- Package & Product Rapid Prototyping
- Package & Product Development Lab Needs
- Point of Purchase Systems: Design & Packaging Integration
- Problem Solving / Fire-Fighting
- Process Optimizations - Six Sigma
- Product & Package Interaction
- Project & Program Management
- Quality Systems
- Shelf Life & Accelerated Aging
- Simulated Distribution Testing (ASTM, ISTA)
- Strategic Planning
- Strength & Integrity Testing
- Supplier Audits, Selection and Qualification
- Study Design / Execution / Analysis