Know the channel to excel in foodservice packagingFoodservice packaging is as much a challenge as food packaging. To excel at it, you need a thorough understanding of the channel’s demands. That’s what PTIS Vice President Brian Wagner says in the August issue of Packaging World magazine. Here are some channel needs he sees as critical to success:
- Operating efficiencies in the restaurant are a key. They are measured in speed of service—sometimes seconds and no longer than minutes.
- Employee turnover at foodservice outlets that often exceeds 400% annually.
- Unarticulated consumer needs—do the research to learn just what resonates with restaurant customers.
- Short package life cycles require a balance of cost and performance.
- Help restaurant operators see how packaging can be a strategic tool.